Equipment repairs as DOE supplement Lisa At Rice (20 May 2014 06:29 EST)
Re: Equipment repairs as DOE supplement David Hagen (20 May 2014 16:39 EST)

Re: Equipment repairs as DOE supplement David Hagen 20 May 2014 16:39 EST

Lisa,

I recommend contacting your Controller's Office or Property Accounting
Office for guidance on this.  At my institution the repair would need to
meet the following criteria to qualify as an expense that would be
capitalized (and therefore charged as equipment on the grant):

(1) increase productivity/function beyond the capital asset's original use
(2) extend the life of the asset by 1+ years
(3) exceed the institution's capitalization threshold of $5,000

Your institution probably has similar guidelines.

Best regards,

David Hagen

--
David Hagen