Re: New NIH Modular Question Jon Hart 27 May 2005 08:57 EST

We require that they fill out the detailed NIH budget for internal purposes.
We explain that we have to make sure they are asking for enough funds to
cover the research (sometimes we have had to suggest they up it to the next
module); also, we can't figure out the indirect costs if we don't have a
detailed budget.  If the grant is funded, the detailed budget is used by
Finance to set up their account.  However, we are unusual in that we usually
assist them in formulating their budget, so this is not all that difficult.
Joni

Jon Elizabeth Hart, MPA, CIP
Senior Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
Senior Director, Human Subjects Protections Program
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave., NY, NY 10021-6399
tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400
email:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On Behalf Of
Kim Dunbrook-Babbie
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:20 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] New NIH Modular Question

The NIH Modular grants do not require budgets to be filed with The NIH
but do your Institutions require The PI to complete a budget for
internal use?

What do you tell your PI's when they say NIH does not require a budget
so we don't have to complete one?

Thank You

Kim Dunbrook-Babbie, CPA
Corporate Compliance and Audit