Re: Let's mobilize to fight electronic proposal submission SNAFU Delgado, Annemarie 03 May 2005 13:28 EST

Bob - I think many of us have been too busy to respond but I too have
experienced multiple problems with Grants.gov.  Like others, our fingers are
crossed in hopes that FastLane can somehow be modified to accommodate all
submissions and satisfy the internal needs of our institutions.  Here are
just a handful of the problems that I experienced and documented during my
last submission on Grants.gov

1. No way to ensure that the Office of Sponsored Programs can submit on
behalf of the institution prior to the PI clicking submit - NSF has solved
this problem by making certain that the institution registers itself and
submits on behalf of their school

2. No clear indication in the guidelines or on Grants.gov as to where certain
supplementary documentation should be loaded (I had to send 2 emails to the
program officer to get this information)

3. No clear indication as to how page numbers/table of contents should
recorded - again I emailed the program officer and I think we were told to
leave off the page numbers

4. Our PI wrote her proposal according to the technical/cost outline stated
in the guidelines but then had to rearrange all her sections in order to fit
properly into Grant.gov's modules

These are just a few . . .

____________________________
Annemarie Delgado, M.A.