Re: FW: insurance liability Laurie Chamness 09 Dec 2004 15:10 EST

At MUSC:

 General Tort Liability for MUSC, its employees and /or volunteer
employees is $1,000,000 per occurrence.
 Medical Professional Liability:
 Non-Physician Employees   $300,000 per person/$600,000 per occurrence
 Students/Medical Students   $600,000 per occurrence
 Physician Employees            $1,200,000 per occurrence

Schneiderman, Carl :LHS Researc wrote:

>Subject: insurance liability
>

>Dear list serve members,  I represent a nonprofit health care organizations
>engaged in clinical trials.  We are examining our insurance requirements for
>sponsors of clinical trials.  I would appreciate your sharing  with me what
>your standard for liability insurance is at your institution e.g. per
>incident and aggregate.  Do you vary this amount based on assessed risk?
>Thank you for your help.
>
>Carl R. Schneiderman, PhD
>Director, Research Administration
>Legacy Health System
>Portland, Oregon
>503.413.5436
>

>IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This communication, including any attachment, contains
>information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely
>for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the
>intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message.
>Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is
>strictly prohibited.  Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is
>intended to be a legally binding signature.

Laurie Chamness
Assistant Director
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Medical University of South Carolina
PO Box 250808
Charleston, SC  29425

Ph (843) 792-3832