Re: European opportunities Charlie Hathaway 14 Oct 2004 15:08 EST

You could always talk about US federal govt.  e.g. anyone at any institution can apply for NIH research grants.
Show them the list at http://silk.nih.gov/public/xxxxxx@www.fy2004.foreign.txt
and tell them that $170M in NIH money went to foreign institutions in FY2004.

[One of their neighbors in Bulgaria got $54,000]

I'm not sure about other agencies.

Competitiveness is an entirely separate issue.

Charlie