Re: qualifications for research admin Domenica G. Pappas, CRA 09 Apr 2003 10:33 EST

Here are the guidelines for eligibility to take the CRA exam.

 Qualifications/Credentials:

1. Experience.
Candidates applying to sit for the Certified Research Administrator's
Examination  must possess a Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of
substantial involvement in research or sponsored programs administration
either in a sponsoring or recipient organization or the equivalent in a
self-funded organization.

Exceptions MAY be granted upon petition and meeting the
minimum experience and education requirements of an Associate's Degree
and six (6) years of experience OR eight (8) years of substantial
experience in the sponsored programs/research administration field.

Domenica

At 10:57 AM 4/9/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>But isn't it availble only to those who already have a Bachelor's Degree?
>
>Marie Smith wrote:
>
> > I would like to mention that there is a CRA - Certificate in Research
> > Administration already available.  It is obtained by passing a qualifying
> > exam offered by the Research Administrators Certification Council.  A link
> > to their web page is
> > http://www.cra-cert.org/

Domenica G. Pappas, CRA
Associate Director
Office of Sponsored Research and Programs
Illinois Institute of Technology
3300 S. Federal Street
Main Building, Room 301H
Chicago, IL 60616-3793