Re: Information on Associate Director positions Charna K Howson 25 Oct 2002 09:00 EST

Hi Paul,

The preaward (with some post award also) position carries
signature authority for the institution on both submissions and
awards for grants and contracts, manages ORS in the director's
absence (3 office staff, 5 GAs, 2 Undergrads & animal facility
staff of 3), negotiates agreements, drafts and negotiates
subawards when we are the prime, Manages electronic proposal
submissions to external agencies, coodinates the ORS library
(hard copy and electronic) and cooperates with campus library
staff to select electronic resources, serves as campus liaison
to the The Community of Science, directs publication of the ORS
newsletter, and manages the development and maintenance of ORS
Web pages.

In a nutshell/in a rush.....  Bev is out to a meeting, but needs

Many, many thanks,
Charna

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:39:26 -0400 "Parker, Paul"
<xxxxxx@BINGHAMTON.EDU> wrote:

> Beverly, it would be helpful to provide some type of position
> description. For example is this pre award or post award, what
> types of responsibilties are expected, will the person supervise
> and how many?
>
> thanks, Paul
>
> Paul C. Parker, CRA
> Assistant Vice President for