Re: Tracking Final Reports MDaniel@xxxxxx 06 Sep 2000 09:07 EST

John,
our organization does only a small number of grants, so monitoring the
status of final reports is so far a manageable task for us. One way we
facilitate this is conducting notice-of-award meetings when each grant
project is initiated. I provide a checklist of issues to review, including
due dates of all reports. The award meeting includes key personnel for the
project, any department which has provided cost-sharing, and representatives
from the human resources, finance and payroll offices. This gives everyone
an opportunity to ask questions such as WHO is doing the reports, what sort
of data is tracked, how is the financial information monitored, etc.

I will be glad to share the notice-of-award checklist with you. It was
adapted from a similar checklist provided by Claudine Riccillo, University
of Texas, El Paso, at a 1999 SRA session on notice of award meetings. Her
format was more appropriate for university-based projects, and the
adaptations I made were primarily to make the form useful for the community,
non-profit organization.

Molly Daniel
Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System

-----Original Message-----
From: McCann, John [mailto:xxxxxx@EVERGREEN.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 18:44
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Tracking Final Reports

I'm very interested in getting information on how various institutions track
the status of final reports to funding agencies.
How do you know when final reports are due?
How do you know if they've been submitted by PIs to government agencies and
foundations?
Are your SROs responsible for submission - or do you rely on the PI?
John McCann, Ph.D.
Academic Grants Manager
Office of the Adademic Vice President and Provost
The Evergreen State College
Olympia, WA 98505
Phone:  360-866-6000 ext. 6045
E-Mail:  xxxxxx@evergreen.edu