(no subject) F. John Case 12 Jul 2000 09:18 EST

Val,

I have dealt with section G.7 quite a bit in the last month due to our new rates
at UNC.  From my standpoint, it only addresses the F & A rates on the awards.
If other items in your rate agreement change (e.g. fringe benefit rates, special
conditions), these change should carry into the existing awards.  Circular A-21
only discusses the rate change.  I hope I understood your question correctly.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me.  Have a good day.

John

Valerie Seaquist wrote:

> Our negotiated F&A rate agreement ends 9/30/00 and a new one (with a
> different rate) will take effect on October 1st. As per Section G.7. of "OMB
> A-21" we will maintain the current F&A rates for awards that are in
> existence prior to 9/30/00.
>
> My question: We will maintain the existing rates. Can we also continue to
> apply any current agreement special provisions to the awards that carry over
> in to the new agreement period? In other words, does the current agreement
> stay in effect for these carry over projects or only the rates? (Some of our
> special provisions will determine items that will incur F&A charges.)
>
> Val Seaquist
> Office of Research Administration
> The University of Alabama in Huntsville

F. John Case